Thursday, February 11, 2010

Easy Fish Recipe

I know fish is a hard thing b/c a lot don't like it or whatnot but this fish recipe is seriously EASY, FAST, and YUMMY. There is NO fishy taste.

  • Any white fish. I get swai or catfish. Both are really good. It's also really inexpensive. I can get a couple pcs for a few bucks.
  • Parmesan cheese
  • Any type of breadcrumbs (I usually get garlic and herb for any 'breadcrumb' recipe)
  • Mayo (fat free if you want to keep it on the lighter side although in my opinion fat free mayo tastes way different)
  • Garlic (I used minced in a big ol jar in my fridge- I'm OBSESSED WITH GARLIC)

In a pan lay down your fish. I use a glass pan and I don't spray any pam or anything. I just lay my fish in there b/c the juices from it will keep it from sticking.

In a bowl I put my mayo, parmesan cheese and garlic. I don't do any measuring. You can do equal parts cheese and mayo. The garlic is totally up to you. And its easy where if you need a tiny bit more you just pour more in the bowl. Mix it all up and spread it over your fish. Pour the breadcrumbs on top of the fish and pop it in the oven for 20 minutes at 350 degrees. (I usually start the oven and by the time its done my fish is ready to go in).

While my fish is cooking I make a quick salad and make a pot of brown rice. The fish goes good with the brown rice as a side. You can even eat the bites together.

And the fish is totally ok to cook a little longer if you want it more 'firm' or 'cooked' thru. I usually take it out between 20 and 25 min. Usually when the salad and rice are both done and on plates ready to go. It all really takes about 25 min from start to finish.

Enjoy!

-Laina

No comments:

Post a Comment